Already in 1824 the presence of a village-inn is mentioned in Marken. It was a wooden construction, which dramatically burned down in February 1905 together with thirteen houses in the harbour area. One month after this disaster the first stone was laid for a new place, called Hotel De Jong. Now, exactly one hundred years later, the entirely renovated hotel again presents seven rooms to its visitors under the name ´Hof van Marken´.
In 1915 five public telephone connections were installed on Marken, enabling the inhabitants to contact the mainland. The hotel, being the first location to have telephone for many years, offered its hospitality to the citizens. The famous number 1 given at that time is still engraved in the glass pane of the historical hotel door.
Apply for a room
- Buurt II, nr. 15 1156 BC Marken
- +31 (0)299 – 601300